Spent Coffee Grounds As Food Ingredient In Bakery Products
A new use for a familiar favorite – coffee. Specifically spent grounds. Nothing like 6 tons of antioxidants and dietary fiber in our food waste streams. Here’s a novel way to extract high value from our food waste and get some much needed help with our chronically low dietary fiber levels.
- •Spent coffee grounds are natural source of antioxidant dietary fibre.
- •Coffee antioxidant dietary fibre is a food ingredient for use at high temperature.
- •A food grade ingredient has been obtained from spent coffee grounds.
- •Safety of spent coffee grounds can be easily controlled.
- •Spent coffee grounds can be used in bakery products and other foodstuffs.
→ Read full article